181 of the top 200 US corporations, members of the Business Roundtable have made a new commitment to become more socially responsible:
– Delivering value to our customers. We will further the tradition of American companies leading the way in meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
– Investing in our employees. This starts with compensating them fairly and providing important benefits. It also includes supporting them through training and education that help develop new skills for a rapidly changing world. We foster diversity and inclusion, dignity and respect.
– Dealing fairly and ethically with our suppliers. We are dedicated to serving as good partners to the other companies, large and small, that help us meet our missions.
– Supporting the communities in which we work. We respect the people in our communities and protect the environment by embracing sustainable practices across our businesses.
– Generating long-term value for shareholders, who provide the capital that allows companies to invest, grow and innovate. We are committed to transparency and effective engagement with shareholders.
The World Economic Forum with 1000 members have totally supported this new commitment.
Now, it is up to you! Every company in the world should support this new commitment.
The age of “profits only,” is over. We are all responsible to create a new, better and more responsible world.