How do you eliminate defects?
1. First visualize that you can reach zero defects. Believe in it.
2. Plan five steps to attain zero defects.
3. Never punish people for their mistakes. Let them learn from their mistakes. Encourage them, support them and praise them. Set up a mistake board where people can show their mistakes and indicate how they will prevent it from happening again. Gain support from others.
4. Every time a mistake happens, set-up a pokayoke to prevent it from happening again. I visited a plant in Japan where they had over 1000 pokayoke devices.
5. When an error occurs. Stop working at that moment. Call over your team and discuss how to prevent it from happening again.
6. Please suggest other ways to prevent defects. Thank you.